Find out how Ambush Security, a family owned security business in Queensland, Australia used Google Apps for Work to give their team the flexibility to collaborate and work securely from anywhere.
Graham Russell, Founder and Managing Director of Ambush Security, said:
Ambush Security is a local family-owned business based in Queensland that has provided electronic security systems to homes and businesses for over 25 years. With a 100 strong team, many of which are out in the field, it’s important for us to stay connected, wherever we are.
We needed a simple solution to help us manage the 250+ personal devices used across our team, one that offered easy access to work data from any device and ensured the security of that data. As a company that embraces new technology, the decision to go Google was simple. Security is what we do, and that’s exactly what Google Apps offered us – a tool that would help us remain trustworthy.
We didn’t realise how much of an impact moving to Google Apps could really make until we considered all of the recent benefits:
- Cost savings: We save $75,000 AUD per year by reducing our hardware equipment purchases. Now all of our employees are free to use their personal devices for work.
- Time savings: Google Apps has enhanced our work productivity and allowed each employee to save an additional 1 – 2 hours per week, because all of the information they need is right at their fingertips on Google Drive.
- Secure data: With easy-access to network permissions, our IT Managers can manage the devices and data securely, whatever devices our team chooses – especially important if a device is accidentally lost or stolen.
- Productivity savings: Our sales team can now easily offer client quotes on site without having to head back to the office. All the information they need is available on Google Drive.
- Mobility: When data can be accessed anywhere and at any time, we find that the team feels more empowered. They have the flexibility of choosing to pack their bags and leave the office early, have dinner with the family, and complete their work from home.
Since introducing Google Apps to our business, our team is happier and more productive and our business data is secure. Now, we can continue protecting homes, businesses and families across Queensland knowing that every aspect of our business is in safe hands.
Story courtesy of Google Enterprise blog