What is Google Workspace?Today’s workplace is based on integrated email, chat, video calls, files, and calendars. All of these productivity tools, along with many more, are included in Google Workspace to help you stay on top of what’s important. Every Google Workspace subscription brings together the applications that you need for a digital workplace, no matter if you’re a sole trader or managing an enterprise. Once you’ve set up Google Workspace, everyone within your organisation gets access to cloud-based productivity tools such as:
- Gmail – the popular email service with added features for business users.
- Google Drive – efficient file storage and management for any device.
- Google Docs, Sheets, Slides – document creation and collaboration apps.
- Google Chat and Meet – communication tools built for teams.
- Google Calendar – easy time-management and scheduling.
Google Workspace for Business – how much does it cost for UK businesses?Google Workspace provides options for all types of businesses, including individuals, small businesses, and large corporations. Educational institutions and not-for-profit organisations can also sign up to use the Google Workspace apps.
- Business Starter costs £5 per user/month when you pay annually or £6 if you choose to pay monthly. This plan is a good choice for freelancers and small firms with less than 5 employees. Apart from access to the productivity apps mentioned previously, you get a business email address, 30 GB of cloud storage for each user, and security controls to safeguard your files and emails.
- Business Standard costs £10 per user/month with a one-year commitment or £12 per user/month, when billed monthly. It covers the needs of most small businesses. Compared to Business Starter, you get upgraded storage to 2 TB per user, 150 participant video meetings with advanced features such as recordings, and Shared Drives for each department or project.
- Google Workspace Business Plus is priced at £15 per user/month with an annual commitment or £18 per user/month when billed monthly. It offers 5 TB of storage for each user, larger video meetings, and enhanced security. Business Plus includes all the features from the previous two plans, plus data retention and eDiscovery with Google Vault – which is very important for legal departments.
- Google Workspace Enterprise Plans start from £8.40 per user/month and are designed for large organisations with over 300 users which need enhanced security and admin controls.