Google Workspace (previously G Suite) is a collection of apps that streamlines productivity and collaboration. Using this Google Workspace pricing guide, you can find the right plan for your organisation.
What is Google Workspace?
The suite of productivity apps from Google allows you to get work done from anywhere, including the office or home. Your files are saved in the cloud and you can access and edit them securely from your laptop, phone, or tablet.
All Google Workspace users get access to essential cloud-based productivity tools including:
- Google Drive – file storage and management
- Google Docs, Sheets, Slides – document creation and collaboration apps
- Google Chat and Meet – communication tools built for teams
- Gmail – the popular email service with added features
- Google Calendar – easy time-management and scheduling
Google Workspace pricing is very competitive in relation to other suites of apps such as Microsoft Office 365. Overall, Google Workspace plans might cost you less for the same set of tools and features.
Which Google Workspace plan is right for my business?
Google Workspace offers options for all types of organisations, including individuals, small businesses and large enterprises. Education organisations can also subscribe to use the Google Workspace apps.
Google Workspace Business Starter
£4.60 per user/month
This basic plan is a good choice for freelancers and small firms with less than 5 employees. Apart from access to the productivity apps mentioned above, you get:
- a business email address with your domain (e.g. @mybusiness.com)
- 30 GB cloud storage for each user, enough for small files such as documents and storing a fair amount of emails
- security and management controls to safeguard your files and emails
If you run a large team or simply need more storage, it’s worth considering upgrading to a higher plan.
Google Workspace Business Standard
£9.20 per user/month
This Google Workspace edition covers the needs of most small businesses. In addition to all the Business Starter features, you also get:
- upgraded storage to 2 TB per user that’s also pooled meaning that unused storage doesn’t go to waste
- support for 150 participant video meetings with advanced features such as recording, attendance tracking, background blur, and more
- more collaboration tools: Shared Drives for each department or project, document approval workflow, and pin verified sharing
For even more storage and advanced admin and security controls, you may want to check out the Business Plus plan.
Google Workspace Business Plus
£13.80 per user/month
This edition of Google Workspace comes with extra storage and enhanced security. It includes all the features from previous plans, plus data retention and eDiscovery with Google Vault – very important for legal departments. The Business Plus plan includes:
- 5 TB of cloud storage for each user
- video meetings with up to 250 people and access to the new Google Meet feature
- premium analytics, security controls, and email encryption
- email and message archiving with Google Vault
We recommend this Google Workspace plan to all large businesses with up to 300 employees. You can find the latest Google Workspace pricing here.
Google Workspace Enterprise Plans
The enterprise plans are made for large organisations with more than 300 users. By default, all enterprise plans come with support for third-party apps, advanced security, data loss prevention and compliance features. To find out more about the Google Workspace Enterprise plans, please get in touch.
Google Workspace for Education and Nonprofit
Dedicated Google Workspace editions are available for schools, non-profits, frontline workers and governments; these plans include collaboration tools designed for each use case.
How do I purchase Google Workspace licences?
The wide range of Google Workspace options means you can find just the right plan for your business. Based on your budget and requirements, a local Google partner can help you get Google Workspace for business and choose the right plan to cover your productivity and collaboration needs. If you sign up through a UK Google partner, you may also be eligible for a discounted price.